Køge Kyst is developing the harbour and industrial area between the Medieval town centre of Køge and the sea as a unique, attractive and sustainable urban district. Also, the project is enhancing the role of Køge as a centre in the Greater Copenhagen area, on Zealand, and in the Øresund region as a whole.
Invest in Køge Kyst and be part of:
- Growth in Køge, which is strengthened by a new university hospital and a new high-speed railway to Copenhagen via Køge
- An urban area close to the station with considerable potential to attract jobs and residents, not least from the Greater Copenhagen area as the new high-speed rail link will cut travel times considerably
- An ambitious urban development project, with a development plan which is the result of a high-level international competition
- A project in which the municipality, as joint owner, has a long-term and active interest in supporting development of the neighborhood
- A historical commercial town, where future high quality buildings will interact with the town’s existing qualities in new and exciting ways
- A project with an immense focus on urban life, culture, sustainability and dialogue, and which has attracted a large number of visitors even before the area has been developed
In the Station Area, Agat Ejendomme (former TK Development) is developing 34,500 m2 of retail, residences, offices, public services and a cinema. Most of which were complete in 2017. The new shopping district contains of individual shops going hand in hand with an attractive urban environment and the existing retail area in the historical city centre. This makes the area an attractive alternative to traditional shopping centres.
In the Southern Harbour Area, the first 17 building plots have been sold to developers and the first housing project was complete in spring 2017 by AG Gruppen. The other projects in the area are developed by AG Gruppen, Bonava, Calum, Casa Nord/Kuben Byg, Aberdeen Standard Investments, Fællesbyg Køge Kyst, KPC and PensionDanmark.